Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The Reality: You Disappointed Us

type='html'>
UAAP Cheerdance Ticket Selling
A sight of the hundreds who trooped
to the malls just to get a cheerdance
ticket.
This may be the first time I am putting the new Cybercrimes Act to the test, but whatever happens, I will be accountable to my words, especially that I am one of the thousands who waited in vain for an opportunity to buy a UAAP cheerdance ticket. I never thought that the first time SM is managing the ticket selling for the cheering showdown turned out to be a disaster. Wait! It's expected that there will be flaws, but this one is even worse than I thought.

Alright, SM. You promised us that your ticketing system will make the tickets available for all and at least lessen the crowd who will pursue for a last-minute buying, but how come only a handful were sold per SM mall? The irony: all the mall-sold tickets sold out like pancakes, according to your report. I have no idea how the tickets were sold if only as much as 20 were sold per mall. I also don't know if I will take your report that stolen credit cards were used in the online selling which you said was a factor why only a few were sold in the malls and maybe even in the MOA Arena.

Secondly, you said that it's schoolboys first. But according to some FEU students, only a thousand all in all were sold in that school. Perhaps 2,000 tickets/per school is a better number. That could also be the same case in the other schools. You also said the school tickets are to be sold as late as Wednesday, but most of the schools just started selling Thursday morning. I don't know if that's to minimize the mall lines or you just distributed the tickets late. I'm thinking about the latter more.

Thirdly, how can you explain this? As of around 11:00 AM, you said the tickets were "totally sold out", but someone was still able to get a ticket by around 12:30 PM. I waited until 1:20 to get a ticket. I was the only one left hoping for even a general admission ticket in the line. And how about this? You said "no ticket reservation" and only maximum of two tickets/person in the mall selling, but how can you explain this?
Jam Espina
Have I already mentioned that sources say a daughter of an official at SM Novaliches just breached to the line (as in sumingit talaga) and hoarded all of the tickets?

I'm still respecting you, guys. In fact, I still love to go to your malls when I have free time. But I, along with the thousands who waited since the past weekend to get a cheerdance, am disappointed about what happened. Alright, I forgive you for this is your first time handling ticket selling. But please, next time, I want to see the smiles on the people who would get their tickets and even those who wouldn't be able to do so but saw the betterment of the system. I hope this will be the last.

Peace out y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment